I can tell you WordPress is the platform of choice for millions worldwide – from Fortune 500 companies to small local businesses and personal websites. What you want to know, though, is whether WordPress is the right choice for you and your business.
But how will it help you?
Here are some features that may help you decide whether or not WordPress will work for you.
- WordPress is flexible, extensible, and free for the taking. With thousands of free plugins and themes and a supportive community, the uses you find for WordPress is limited only by your imagination. Really! It can do just about anything.
- Because the core features of WordPress already exist in the downloaded software, the development cost is often lower than for either static sites or custom content management systems.
- Once set up, it’s easy to upgrade, expand, and self-manage your site as needed. If you’ve edited in any word processor, the built-in WordPress editor will be a breeze to use.
- Given that you’re less reliant on your web developer to make content changes to your site, overall maintenance costs can be much lower.
- The clean typography of WordPress gives a good first impression to your site visitors.
- It’s built using standards compliant code and optimized to be search engine friendly.
Already using WordPress?
If you’ve been using WordPress a while, what made you decide to choose it? And if you’re on the fence about whether or not to go with it, I’d be interested to hear why. Just leave a comment below.